Twitter stardom allowed Jenny Johnson (@JennyJohnsonHi5) to leave behind a career as a news producer in Texas and head to L.A. She's been killing it ever since, growing her online fanbase, expanding her reach as a comedy writer and stepping out as a headlining stand-up. She sold out our lounge in 2019 and 2020 and she's back for more in 2023.
All sales are final. Refunds and exchanges are offered only when a show is canceled or rescheduled.
- Please note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting our establishment, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions.
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- Coupons or passes for free admission cannot be used for a show listed as a "special event."
- Matinees, the first show of any evening in our main showroom and all shows in our lounge showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive, the more options you'll have. Please note that the size of your party can affect what options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties.
- "Late shows" in the main showroom have assigned seating. Assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. Generally speaking, the earlier you buy tickets, the closer you will be to the stage.
- If tickets are designated as being at a "reserved table," your party will have a table to itself. For general admission tickets, if your party does not fill an entire table, you may be sharing a table with other patrons.
Jenny Johnson is a former television sports and news producer turned stand up comedian and writer. She grew up in Bay City, Texas just south of Houston and graduated from Sam Houston State University with a BFA in Broadcast Journalism. While working for ABC News she joined Twitter and gained a following of nearly 400,000. From this she was able to sell her first pilot to ABC followed by pilots at FX, HBO and E! She has written for publications like GQ, Esquire, Paper Mag and Glamour. Jenny was even crowned the Queen of Twitter by TRadioV and National Lampoon at their Twitter Awards ceremony. Jenny has been nominated for a People’s Choice award 8 years running for Best Social Media and was named Funniest Houstonian by Houston Press Magazine.
Jenny began appearing in shows such as @midnight, Drunk History, Liza On Demand and The Mick. She began her stand up comedy career in 2015 and toured with comedians such as Nick Swardson, Anthony Jeselnik, Fortune Feimster and Brad Williams. She is the co-host of the Doin’ It With Danny Zuker and Jenny Johnson Podcast. Jenny can regularly be seen doing stand up around Los Angeles at the Laugh Factory, The Improv and Flappers Comedy.