In accordance with city rules, patrons for these shows must present proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 to be admitted to the venue. "Proof" can be a completed vaccination card or a readable photo of that card saved to your phone, along with a photo ID. Negative COVID tests will not be accepted as a substitute.
The Next Wave series gets you up close with up-and-coming headliners. Louis Katz has been visiting the club the last few years with one of the all-time greats -- Dave Attell. After rocking those shows, he's back to headline our lounge. Just the right mix of smart and dirty, Louis has been seen on Comedy Central's "This Is Not Happening," NBC, HBO and lots more. Plus his latest album, "KATZKILLS," was named one of the top 5 albums of the year by Vulture.com.
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
Admission / Seating Policies
- Please note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting our establishment, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- If your party does not fill an entire table, you may be sharing a table with other patrons.
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions on dcimprov.com.
- For our lounge, all shows regardless of start time are seated by time of arrival.
Louis Katz’s comedy deftly combines the highbrow and the lowbrow, creating a truly unique style that has been described as “cerebral filth.”
Throughout his career, Louis’ stand-up has been featured on NBC, HBO, and 5 times on Comedy Central, including his own half-hour special and an appearance on their storytelling show, “This Is Not Happening,” which has since been viewed
over 2.7 million times on YouTube.
His latest album, “KATZKILLS,” was named one of the top 5 comedy albums of the year by vulture.com, who called it “a raucous comedy party.” Louis’ first one-hour special will be released on Epix in 2022 as part of their
“Unprotected Sets” series.
A true comedian’s comedian, Louis’ act has garnered praise from industry legends such as Dave Attell who called him, “one of the best joke writers working today” and Ali Wong who said Louis was, “one of the funniest and most prolific comedians I know.” Marc Maron featured Louis on his WTF podcast saying, “His album and special are hilarious.” But perhaps Doug Stanhope put it best when he said, "Katz is funny to the point that Hitler would have given him a sleeper car on the train."