Tickets go on sale to the general public at 10 a.m. on October 1.
Bill has been making people laugh for years, whether it's on the big screen, on the small screen, or from the stage. He's the ultimate host – Bill has been the public face of MTV, "Last Comic Standing," "Who's Got Jokes" and a ton more. He's a leading man – among other things, he has been the star of "Mr. Box Office" and "The Bill Bellamy Show." He has also been a radio regular, co-hosting The Tom Joyner Morning Show. He's been packing the DC Improv for years. Find out why!
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
Admission / Seating Policies
- Please note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting our establishment, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- If your party does not fill an entire table, you may be sharing a table with other patrons. The exception is when a ticket is clearly listed as "table for 2," "table for 4," etc. In those cases, your party is guaranteed to have a table to itself.
- Passes cannot be used for any show listed as a "special event."
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions on dcimprov.com.
- For our main showroom, the first show of any night is the "early" show. All other shows are "late" shows.
- Early shows in the main showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive at the club, the greater your seating options will be. Please note that the size of your party will also affect what seating options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties.
- Late shows in the main showroom have assigned seating, and assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. The earlier you buy tickets, the better your seats will be (i.e. closer to the stage).
- For our lounge, all shows regardless of start time are seated by time of arrival.
Using his experiences growing up in Newark, Bill Bellamy started doing stand-up while he was a student at Rutgers University. Bellamy quickly discovered how much he enjoyed making people laugh, and began honing his skills at small comedy clubs around the country and was soon making waves in the New York clubs like The Improv, The Comic Strip, and at The Comedy Store in Los Angeles.
In less than two years of launching his stand-up career, Bellamy earned a spot on HBO’s DEF COMEDY JAM where he notoriously coined the phrase “Booty Call.” The now famous late-night rendez-vous moniker became the name for his first comedy special for Showtime; “Booty Call” and it was instantly one of the network’s top-rated specials.
Bellamy became a staple on MTV as one of the first “VJs” on the network. He hosted several of their programming blocks, including MTV JAMS and MTV BEACH HOUSE, while interviewing everyone from the late Kurt Cobain to Janet Jackson. In 1996, Bill landed his own series, “The Billy Bellamy Show.”
Bill starred in the syndicated show MR. BOX OFFICE alongside along side Jon Lovitz, Tim Meadows, and Viveca J. Fox. Prior to MR. BOX OFFICE Bellamy has appeared on recurring episodes of Tyler Perry’s MEET THE BROWNS/TBS and has guest-starred on ABC’s CASTLE, USA’s ROYAL PAINS, USA’s WHITE COLLAR & TNT’s MURDER IN THE FIRST. Previously, Bill hosted four seasons of the TV One comedy competition show WHO’S GOT JOKES? and two seasons of NBC’s Emmy Nominated LAST COMIC STANDING.
Bellamy also continued to star on the big screen in addition to garnering coveted guest roles in several prominent television series. In the feature world, Bellamy starred in LOVE JONES, HOW TO BE A PLAYER, LOVE STINKS, THE BROTHERS, and ANY GIVEN SUNDAY. At the same time, showcasing his mutli-hyphenate talents, Bellamy continued to hone his comedy and stand-up prowess. He debuted his second comedy special, CRAZY SEXY DIRTY in May 2012, it was one of the highest rated comedy specials of their respective years on Showtime. In 2017 Bellamy co-starred with Shemar Moore & Nadine Velazquez in the romantic-comedy THE BOUNCE BACK.
Bill was a recurring co-host on THE RACHAEL RAY SHOW and Bill has also filled in for host Billy Bush on ACCESS HOLLYWOOD Live and hosted the ESPY AWARDS red carpet for ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT. In 2015, Bill hosted the Telepictures/Scripps syndicated hit game show LETS ASK AMERICA.
In between acting in feature films, TV shows and hosting duties, Bill decided return to his first love - stand-up comedy. Bellamy debuted his third Showtime comedy special, LADIES NIGHT OUT in 2013. The tour sold out nation-wide and featured material by comedians Ali Siddiq, J. Reid and D'Lai. Bill has appeared as a featured player in SHAQ”S ALL STAR COMEDY JAM which tours across the country and as a Showtime comedy special
in 2017. Bill also headlined a nation-wide comedy tour, THE STANDING OVATION TOUR, with Tommy Davidson, Sommore, Marc Curry & Tony Rock.
Bellamy joined the top rated Tom Joyner Morning Show as a weekly co-host for the 2017 season.
In 2018, Bellamy had a key recurring role on HBO’s INSECURE. Bellamy can next be seen in the horror/thriller film, A DARK FOE, opposite Selma Blair and Graham Greene. Bill is currently shooting a series regular role in the ABC pilot, NANA, alongside Katey Segal.
Bellamy resides with his wife and two young children in Los Angeles.