Another rising star makes his DCI headlining debut this spring. Matt Rife started doing comedy as a teenager in Ohio. Within a few years he found success on the small screen: Matt was the youngest-ever cast member on "Wild N Out," which has been a springboard for a lot of great comedy careers, and he was tapped to host MTV's iconic "TRL." In 2019 he stood out as a contestant on NBC's "Bring the Funny" -- and wowed DC Improv crowds as the opening act for DeRay Davis. Now he's coming back, with top billing in our lounge showroom.
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions on dcimprov.com.
- There is a two-item minimum per ticket. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- For our main showroom, the first show of any night is the "early" show. All other shows are "late" shows.
- Early shows in the main showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive at the club, the greater your seating options will be. Please note that the size of your party will also affect what seating options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties. Click here for a more detailed explanation of seating policies.
- Late shows in the main showroom have assigned seating, and assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. The earlier you buy tickets, the better your seats will be (i.e. closer to the stage). Click here for a more detailed explanation of seating policies.
- For our lounge, all shows regardless of start time are seated by time of arrival.
Matt Rife is one of the hottest up-and-coming standups in the comedy scene. Performing since the age of 15 in Columbus, Ohio, Rife is now based in in Los Angeles and is touring across the country. He has worked with comedians such as Dane Cook, Ralphie May, Mike Epps, and DeRay Davis. Matt had his television debut in 2015 when he became the youngest cast-member ever on MTV's "Wild N Out." He performed on the show for 3 seasons before moving on to hosting MTVs reboot of "TRL." Matt also appeared on NBC's "Brooklyn Nine-Nine," "The Challenge" on MTV, and the Lifetime Channel movie franchise "Stalked By My Doctor." Rife recently finished competing in NBC's new comedy competition show "Bring The Funny," where he made it to the semi-finals.