The Improv is proud to host an open mic night featuring local comedy talent in our main showroom. Admission is free to the public, and you can guarantee yourself a seat in the crowd if you RSVP using the form on this page. There is a $1.50 service charge for reserving a seat online. Walk-up tickets with no service charge are also welcome on the day of the show if seating is available, or you can call the box office to reserve seats with no service charge. (Free-admission events are the only ones where service charges are waived for reservations made over the phone.)
August 20: Umar Khan, Johnny Black, James Carrigan, Denise Taylor, Yasmin Elhady, Quentin Hardy, Martin Phillips, Lafayette Wright, Matt Deakins, Nathan Luft, Von Mychael, Christian Escoto, Benjy Himmelfarb
HOW TO SIGN UP: If you’re interested in performing at a future open mic night, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org a link to a performance video that is no more than 10 minutes long. Recent sets are preferred. If possible, show us a performance from the last three months. Also include a short biography, as well as resume of your comedy work. Web submissions only -- do not call the Improv.
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions on dcimprov.com.
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items.
- For our main showroom, the first show of any night is the "early" show. All other shows are "late" shows. Early shows are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive at the club, the greater your seating options will be. Late shows have assigned seating, and assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. The earlier you buy tickets, the better your seats will be (i.e. closer to the stage).
- For our lounge, all shows regardless of start time are seated by time of arrival. If you require special accommodations (wheelchair access, etc.) please call the Improv at 202-296-7008 and inform us ahead of time.
- If you purchased tickets and want to ensure that you are seated with another party that bought tickets separately, call the Improv at 202-296-7008 and inform us ahead of time.
- For "early" shows, doors usually open one hour before showtime. Seating for "late" shows usually begins 15-30 minutes before showtime. Check your e-mail confirmation for specifics.