Finesse spun early success in the stand-up game into a four-year run on “Saturday Night Live.” His smooth and hilarious style has kept him busy on the small screen -- whether it's acting, voiceover work or being a favorite panelist and guest host on tons of talk shows. And best of all, you can still see him up close in the comedy clubs. He makes his return to the DC Improv this spring.
All sales are final. Refunds and exchanges are offered only when a show is canceled or rescheduled.
- Please note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting our establishment, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions.
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- Coupons or passes for free admission cannot be used for a show listed as a "special event."
- Matinees, the first show of any evening in our main showroom and all shows in our lounge showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive, the more options you'll have. Please note that the size of your party can affect what options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties.
- "Late shows" in the main showroom have assigned seating. Assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. Generally speaking, the earlier you buy tickets, the closer you will be to the stage.
- If tickets are designated as being at a "reserved table," your party will have a table to itself. For general admission tickets, if your party does not fill an entire table, you may be sharing a table with other patrons.
Finesse Mitchell has been seen almost everywhere. He’s currently on Hulu’s History Of The World Part II playing the Rev. Jesse Jackson opposite of Wanda Sykes. He’s guest-hosted for The Wendy Williams talk show on Fox. He’s a guest judge on Netflix’s, “Is It Cake?”, a favorite celeb guest on Pictionary, and Fox’s last Lego-Masters Bricktacular holiday event.
Finesse has been a multi-faceted actor, author, and stand-up comedian with four one-hour comedy specials titled, “Snap Famous”, “One Man Monster”, “The Spirit Told Me To Tell You” and 2023’s self-produced “Slightly Offensive” under his belt.
Born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia, Finesse graduated from the University of Miami and is a distinguished member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Incorporated. He is also a former student-athlete who was a walk-on for the National Champion Hurricanes football team where he played Hurricane greats like Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Warren Sapp, and Ray Lewis.
Finesse entered the comedy scene in 1999 with appearances on BET’s Comic View and Comedy Central. In 2003, he joined the cast of Saturday Night Live for three seasons where he played the memorable “Starrkeisha” and frequently appeared on “Weekend Update” with Seth Myers as Morgan Freeman, 50 Cent, and Bobby Brown. In addition to being an SNL Alum, his other television acting credits include NBC’s Kenan, Fox’s Outmatched, ABC’s Splitting Up Together, Showtime’s Roadies, Disney Channel’s A.N.T. Farm (China’s Dad), and TBS Tyler Perry’s Meet The Browns.
Mitchell has also appeared on daytime talk shows such as The Talk on CBS, The Drew Barrymore Show, The Real, Dish Nation, and NBC’s Today Show. During late-night, you might have seen him on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, The Late Show with Seth Meyers, The Arsenio Hall Show, and Comic’s Unleashed just to name a few. You can also catch Finesse starring in movies like Mad Money, Who’s Your Caddy, The Comebacks, and Mad Families. In 2022, Mitchell starred in OWN’s holiday Christmas movie, “Great Holiday Bake War” with more feature film projects on the way.
Finesse resides in Los Angeles with his wife, Adris Debarge, and their two daughters, Elle and Eva Mitchell.