Couples Therapy is your scheduled appointment to laugh about relationships and single strife. The show is a hilarious round-table discussion featuring comics and willing audience members, led by coupling failure Rahmein Mostafavi. You'll laugh your aching heart out about love, dating, sex, single-hood, and married life -- cuz what else CAN you do?!
All sales are final. Refunds and exchanges are offered only when a show is canceled or rescheduled.
- Please note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting our establishment, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions.
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- Coupons or passes for free admission cannot be used for a show listed as a "special event."
- Matinees, the first show of any evening in our main showroom and all shows in our lounge showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive, the more options you'll have. Please note that the size of your party can affect what options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties.
- "Late shows" in the main showroom have assigned seating. Assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. Generally speaking, the earlier you buy tickets, the closer you will be to the stage.
- If tickets are designated as being at a "reserved table," your party will have a table to itself. For general admission tickets, if your party does not fill an entire table, you may be sharing a table with other patrons.
Couples Therapy is your scheduled appointment to laugh about relationships and single strife.
The show is a hilarious round-table discussion featuring comics and willing audience members, led by coupling failure Rahmein Mostafavi. You'll laugh your aching heart out about love, dating, sex, single-hood, and married life -- cuz what else CAN you do?! Is he leaving dirty socks around the house? Is she spending too much time on her phone and ignoring you? Are you befuddled about why you only match with crazy people online?! Let’s figure it out together.
For better or worse, this cast of comic therapists will have you in tears ... one way or another!
Rahmein Mostafavi charms crowds with comic timing and charisma developed during a decade of live performance. He addresses social and political topics with a combination of satirical and observational comedy, leaving audiences with a greater sense of purpose, sex appeal and the occasional leg cramp.
Rahmein entered the stand-up world after working as a longtime cast member of “Shear Madness,” the acclaimed Kennedy Center improv/comedy whodunit. His natural joke writing ability, combined with his acting chops, have won him rave reviews in both the Washington area and around the country. He also produces events under the “Cool Cow Comedy” banner, bringing live comedy to venues in Maryland and Virginia.
Rahmein has shared the stage with some of the best comics in the nation, including Dave Attell, Jake Johannsen, Artie Lange, Bert Kreischer, Rich Vos, Jon Lovitz, Tim Meadows, Joe Matarese, Bob Marley, The Sklar Brothers, Jen Kirkman, Red Grant, Godfrey, Joe Torry, Kyle Kinane, Finesse Mitchell, and Maz Jobrani. He has been featured at the Laugh Your Asheville Off comedy festival, The Devil Cup, Red Clay, The Cleveland Comedy Festival, and the Cape May Comedy Festival. Rahmein has been seen on FOX, heard regularly on Sirius XM, was featured in “The Truth About Money” on PBS, and was honored to be a speaker at the world famous TEDx Talks.
Born in Iran, Rahmein moved to the United States with his family at a very young age. He currently resides in Northern Virginia.