For this event, upon arriving at the venue patrons must present proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or a negative COVID test result (no more than 72 hours old) to be admitted to the venue. "Proof of full vaccination" can be either a completed vaccination card or a readable photo of your completed card, saved to your phone.
Come out and wordplay! You're invited to watch or compete in Pun DMV, our pun contest. The night is hosted by Dana Fleitman, and it has two events:
The Tournament: An on-the-spot punning tournament featuring up to 20 people. At the start of each match, contestants are given a theme. They then take turns making up puns on the spot. People are eliminated when they're stumped. The last person standing moves on to the next round (or victory)! Anyone in attendance can compete, and you can sign up on site when you arrive.
The Freestyle: Each competitor chooses a punning theme, then prepares in advance a two-minute speech packed with puns inspired by that theme. On the night of the show, the competitors deliver their speeches on stage. We'll pick a few finalists, based on quality of puns and overall delivery. Then the audience will decide the winner by cheering. If you'd like to compete in the Freestyle let us know via the form at this link.
The winners of either contest get prizes from the Improv (and eternal glory)!
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
Admission / Seating Policies
- Please note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting our establishment, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- If your party does not fill an entire table, you may be sharing a table with other patrons. The exception is when a ticket is clearly listed as "table for 2," "table for 4," etc. In those cases, your party is guaranteed to have a table to itself.
- Passes cannot be used for any show listed as a "special event."
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions on dcimprov.com.
- For our main showroom, the first show of any night is the "early" show. All other shows are "late" shows.
- Early shows in the main showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive at the club, the greater your seating options will be. Please note that the size of your party will also affect what seating options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties.
- Late shows in the main showroom have assigned seating, and assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. The earlier you buy tickets, the better your seats will be (i.e. closer to the stage).
- For our lounge, all shows regardless of start time are seated by time of arrival.