Jared has established a huge fanbase through podcasting: He dishes out advice and laughs as the host of his own show, "The JTrain Podcast," and as the co-host of the wildly popular "U Up?" dating podcast. He's also an accomplished New York based stand-up who is taking his show on the road. He sold out a one-night-only appearance in the summer of 2019. Now he's coming back in 2020 for a full weekend!
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
Admission / Seating Policies
- Please note that your group might be sharing a table with other parties.
- Passes cannot be used for any show listed as a "special event."
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions on dcimprov.com.
- For our main showroom, the first show of any night is the "early" show. All other shows are "late" shows.
- Early shows in the main showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive at the club, the greater your seating options will be. Please note that the size of your party will also affect what seating options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties.
- Late shows in the main showroom have assigned seating, and assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. The earlier you buy tickets, the better your seats will be (i.e. closer to the stage).
- For our lounge, all shows regardless of start time are seated by time of arrival.
Jared Freid is a stand-up comedian based out of New York City, with a strong focus on dating and relationships. His comedy is current and reflects the ordinary daily thoughts of everyone you know, especially if you know a lot of millennials that are obsessing over dating apps, trying to be real adults, and worrying about their bodies. (For the record, Jared’s mom thinks his body is “just fine.”)
Besides headlining and touring at clubs around the country, Jared hosts three highly-rated weekly podcasts. He co-hosts "U Up?" with Jordana Abraham of Betches, where they discuss their takes on modern dating with issues ranging from apps to hookups to relationships. "U Up?" has over 750,000 monthly listeners, many of whom came out to support the "U Up?" Live Tour that visited over 20 cities in 2019. Jared’s "JTrain Podcast" boasts over 450,000 listeners per month and regularly lands in the iTunes top 100. The show has a cult following of loyal fans. Guests have included: Michael Che, Pete Davidson, Colin Quinn, Sal Vulcano, Bert Kreischer, Dave Attell, Michelle Wolf and more. It’s been called “A Dear Abby for Dudes,” which is why both men and women tune in religiously. Additionally, every Monday night after The Bachelor, Jared goes live on YouTube in his "Rose Rehash."
In 2019, Jared released his first full-length comedy album, "Always a Momma Bear," through Virtual Comedy Network. The album debuted at #1 on the iTunes Comedy Charts, #3 on the Billboard Comedy Charts, and was ranked the 9th best comedy album of the year by SiriusXM Comedy. In 2021, Jared’s special "Socially Distanced … Of Course" premiered on YouTube to critical acclaim and rave reviews.
Jared has a remarkable insight into how millennial relationships (or even situationships) begin and end. Many of Jared's fans say that his advice has helped them in their personal lives. Jared’s fans also seek out his voice in the online publishing world. He’s written for TotalFratMove, BroBible, Betches, and HeTexted. His columns delve into everything from sports to "The Bachelor" to the pitfalls of dating in the information age. His writing has both sides of the aisle nodding their head while thinking, “I’ve been on the toilet way too long.”