COVID-19 restrictions are in place for these shows, with a maximum of 50 attendees.
Christian Finnegan is a pioneer of the “talking head” show, a sitcom actor and a Twitter all-star. He hosted “Black & White” on A&E, and he was a writer for “The Jim Gaffigan Show.” And most important (as far as we’re concerned), he’s one of our favorite stand-ups, delivering shows as sharp and funny as anyone on our schedule. He even recorded one of his albums here. We're thrilled to have him back as we return from a year of being closed.
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
- To comply with the city's capacity restrictions and social distancing guidelines, we are selling tables rather than individual tickets to any show where restrictions are expected to be in place. At this time, customers will not be sharing tables with anyone other than their party. If your group requires multiple tables, those tables will maintain 6-foot social distancing rules.
- Customers are expected to take necessary precautions to protect themselves and others. Per local guidelines, customers must properly wear a face covering or mask except when eating or drinking at their table.
- Employees and customers will have their temperatures taken upon entrance to the facility. Anyone with a temperature of 100 degrees or greater will not be permitted on the premises.
Admission / Seating Policies
- Please note that our standard policies will be suspended as needed to comply with COVID-19 regulations.
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions on dcimprov.com.
- For our main showroom, the first show of any night is the "early" show. All other shows are "late" shows.
- Early shows in the main showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive at the club, the greater your seating options will be. Please note that the size of your party will also affect what seating options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties.
- Late shows in the main showroom have assigned seating, and assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. The earlier you buy tickets, the better your seats will be (i.e. closer to the stage).
- For our lounge, all shows regardless of start time are seated by time of arrival.
Christian Finnegan is perhaps best known as one of the original panelists on VH1’s “Best Week Ever” and as Chad, the only white roommate in “Chappelle’s Show’s” infamous “Mad Real World” sketch. He played Martin on the popular syndicated sitcom “Are We There Yet?” and politics junkies will recognize Christian from his many appearances on “Countdown with Keith Olbermann”. Most recently, Christian was the creator and co-host of A&E’s “Black & White”, which examined current events and social trends through the lens of Race. He can also be heard filling in as a regular guest host on “Standup with Pete Dominick” on SiriusXM Insight.
Over the years, Christian has been a fixture on Comedy Central, having starred in his own one hour stand up special “Au Contraire”, as well as “Comedy Central Presents”, “Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn” and countless network interstitials. He’s also appeared on “Conan”, “The Late Late Show with James Corden”, “Good Morning America” and “The Today Show”.
Christian’s four comedy albums/specials (“Two for Flinching”,“Au Contraire!”, “The Fun Part” and “60% Joking“) are available on iTunes and Amazon and his standup is in regular rotation on all major streaming services. His fifth album (and third special) “Christian Finnegan: Show Your Work” will be released Spring 2021.
When not on tour, Christian Finnegan can usually be found in Queens helping his wife, author Kambri Crews, with her venue QED Astoria or walking their faithful pooches, Griswold and Chief Billy Bowlegs.