Some stand-ups really know how to work a room. Crowd work is the art of chatting with the audience when on stage. When done right, it creates a conversational atmosphere -- sometimes building a bridge to a comedian's best jokes, and sometimes leading to totally unscripted, in-the-moment laughs.
Here in the DMV, Tim Miller is one of the best at crowd work. At "Read the Room" he hosts a lineup of local talents doing a mix of crowd work and material. Join him in our lounge showroom for a unique, unforgettable live comedy experience.
Tim has been on Comedy Central & TRU TV and is also the host of Read the Room podcast on Podbean, iTunes and wherever you enjoy podcasts.
The lineup for March 14 (subject to change): TBA
The lineup for April 11 (subject to change): TBA
All sales are final. Refunds and exchanges are offered only when a show is canceled or rescheduled.
- Please note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting our establishment, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions.
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- Coupons or passes for free admission cannot be used for a show listed as a "special event."
- All shows in our lounge showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive, the more options you'll have. Please note that the size of your party can affect what options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties.