Alaina Urquhart and Ashleigh Kelley are bringing their hit podcast to DC for a live-audience show! From Ash & Alaina: "Our show is a deep dive in to all things true crime, spooky history and strange with a light sprinkling of comedy to lighten the dark topics. Topics have covered everything from Ted Bundy and The Night Stalker to The Paris Morgue and the history of public executions. In our live show, we each research and tell the story of a true crime/paranormal/spooky history case and in between we do some true crime trivia with audience members and hand out exclusive merch as prizes."
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions on dcimprov.com.
- There is a two-item minimum per ticket. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- For our main showroom, the first show of any night is the "early" show. All other shows are "late" shows.
- Early shows in the main showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive at the club, the greater your seating options will be. Please note that the size of your party will also affect what seating options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties. Click here for a more detailed explanation of seating policies.
- Late shows in the main showroom have assigned seating, and assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. The earlier you buy tickets, the better your seats will be (i.e. closer to the stage). Click here for a more detailed explanation of seating policies.
- For our lounge, all shows regardless of start time are seated by time of arrival.
We are partners in crime who were essentially raised as sisters. Although we have 10 years between us, we have always felt like our bond was something unique. Alaina has been a lifelong true crime/horror/all-things-spooky fan and immediately passed her passion for the creepier things in life on to Ash, who quickly found herself just as obsessed. Together, we realized our collective knowledge of serial killers and morbid fascinations was something we could share with other kindred weirdos and thus, Morbid: A True Crime Podcast was born.
Alaina is an autopsy technician and aspriring writer with an overly expansive library of serial killer/Medical Examiner books and a love for horror movies and Halloween. She is fascinated by Dr. Bill Bass and his Body Farm, feels like Rob Zombie makes some solid horror jams and would like to bring David Bowie back to life. At 7 years old, her mother bought her a copy of “Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark” and she never looked back. If the Apocalypse comes, beep me.
Ash is a hairstylist with a minor addiction to Instagram and reality television. She may seem like your average basic girl but she can always get down with the weirdness. Her favorite movies from her childhood are Jawbreaker, Heathers and The Craft - many thanks to Alaina for that. She loves all things hair and makeup but also witchcraft and horror. Like many of your favorite serial killers, she is a true Gemini.
Enjoy our weird little world and take a journey into our madness. Our podcast is a labor of love and we are so lucky to be able to share it with people who appreciate the creepy things in life. Come on in, the water is dark and scary.
Keep it weird, friends.