Quick-witted, good-natured and flat-out funny, Clayton exploded onto the national comedy scene when he won "Last Comic Standing" in 2015. His victory lap took him to stages across the country, including ours. Since then he's been racking up the TV credits too, including a role in the Disney + series "Hawkeye." This winter he's back to headline the DC Improv a fourth time.
All sales are final. Refunds and exchanges are offered only when a show is canceled or rescheduled.
- Please note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting our establishment, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions.
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- Coupons or passes for free admission cannot be used for a show listed as a "special event."
- Matinees, the first show of any evening in our main showroom and all shows in our lounge showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive, the more options you'll have. Please note that the size of your party can affect what options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties.
- "Late shows" in the main showroom have assigned seating. Assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. Generally speaking, the earlier you buy tickets, the closer you will be to the stage.
- If tickets are designated as being at a "reserved table," your party will have a table to itself. For general admission tickets, if your party does not fill an entire table, you may be sharing a table with other patrons.
Originally from Atlanta, Clayton English is a stand-up comedian, actor, and writer. He first came to national attention as the winner of NBC's 2015 ‘Last Comic Standing’ competition and has since headlined in clubs, colleges, and festivals non-stop throughout the country. Clayton has also featured for comedy greats including Dave Chappelle as well as Bill Burr. Additionally, he was named a New Face at the Montreal JFL Comedy Festival.
Clayton made his late-night standup debut on ‘Late Night with Seth Meyers’ and has appeared on several popular shows; including, ‘LOVE’ on Netflix, ‘AP Bio’, ‘Brooklyn 99’, ‘Unprotected Sets’ on EPIX, ‘Comedy Knockout’, ‘Netflix is a Joke’, ‘Wild N Out’, as well as Will Smith’s popular Snapchat series ‘Will from Home’. He officially joined the Marvel Cinematic Universe when he appeared as “Grills” in the 2021 Hawkeye series. He also starred in the Comedy Central web series, ‘Dope Movies’. His writing credits include ‘AP BIO’, ‘Wild N Out’, and the 2020 BET Awards hosted by ‘The 85 South Show’.