Come out and wordplay! You're invited to watch or compete in Pun DMV, our pun contest. The night is hosted by Dana Fleitman, and it has two events:
The Freestyle: Each competitor chooses a punning theme, then prepares in advance a three-minute speech packed with puns inspired by that theme. On the night of the show, the competitors deliver their speeches on stage. The audience favorite wins! Complete the form at this link to express your interest in competing.
The Tournament: An on-the-spot punning tournament featuring up to 20 people. At the start of each match, contestants are given a theme. They then take turns making up puns on the spot. People are eliminated when they're stumped. The last person standing moves on to the next round (or victory). Anyone in attendance can compete, and you can sign up on site when you arrive.
The winners of either contest get cash prizes from the Improv (and eternal glory)!
All sales are final. Refunds and exchanges are offered only when a show is canceled or rescheduled.
- Please note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting our establishment, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions.
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- Coupons or passes for free admission cannot be used for a show listed as a "special event."
- Matinees, the first show of any evening in our main showroom and all shows in our lounge showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive, the more options you'll have. Please note that the size of your party can affect what options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties.
- "Late shows" in the main showroom have assigned seating. Assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. Generally speaking, the earlier you buy tickets, the closer you will be to the stage.
- If tickets are designated as being at a "reserved table," your party will have a table to itself. For general admission tickets, if your party does not fill an entire table, you may be sharing a table with other patrons.