The 40th edition of Comedy Kumite is XL! The world's greatest comedy competition returns with a supersized weekend event showcasing 24 top comics from the DMV scene.
Each show Friday and Saturday has a different lineup of six performers, with the audience choosing one comic from each show to advance to the finals. Sunday night the favorites return for a four-person tournament, with the winner taking home a $1,000 prize and bragging rights as Kumite XL Champion.
It's an amazing weekend of competition, and no matter what, the audience ALWAYS wins.
About Comedy Kumite: Created by Chris White, Comedy Kumite has been the DC Improv's stand-up competition since 2015. Each show, a group of comics gather for a one-night tournament where the audience chooses the winners.
Friday 7:30 lineup: TBA
Friday 9:45 lineup: TBA
Saturday 7:00 lineup: TBA
Saturday 9:30 lineup: TBA
Sunday 7:00: Semifinals and finals
All sales are final. Refunds and exchanges are offered only when a show is canceled or rescheduled.
- Please note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting our establishment, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions.
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- Coupons or passes for free admission cannot be used for a show listed as a "special event."
- Matinees, the first show of any evening in our main showroom and all shows in our lounge showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive, the more options you'll have. Please note that the size of your party can affect what options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties.
- "Late shows" in the main showroom have assigned seating. Assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. Generally speaking, the earlier you buy tickets, the closer you will be to the stage.
- If tickets are designated as being at a "reserved table," your party will have a table to itself. For general admission tickets, if your party does not fill an entire table, you may be sharing a table with other patrons.