These shows were rescheduled to December. If you had tickets for the original July dates, we will be in touch with more information.
Janelle made her DC Improv debut in the summer of 2021. Since then she's become a breakout star on one of the hottest TV comedies, "Abbott Elementary" -- and she got rave reviews for her Netflix special, released last winter. Check out her second headlining weekend at our club, and find out why she's a favorite of everyone from Chris Rock to Amy Schumer.
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
Admission / Seating Policies
- Please note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting our establishment, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- If your party does not fill an entire table, you may be sharing a table with other patrons. The exception is when a ticket is clearly listed as "table for 2," "table for 4," etc. In those cases, your party is guaranteed to have a table to itself.
- Passes cannot be used for any show listed as a "special event."
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions on dcimprov.com.
- For our main showroom, the first show of any night is the "early" show. All other shows are "late" shows.
- Early shows in the main showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive at the club, the greater your seating options will be. Please note that the size of your party will also affect what seating options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties.
- Late shows in the main showroom have assigned seating, and assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. The earlier you buy tickets, the better your seats will be (i.e. closer to the stage).
Janelle James stars in the
scene stealing role of ‘Ava’ in the currently airing ABC series “Abbott
Elementary.” Her latest half hour stand-up special is featured in the latest season
of Netflix’s “The Stand Ups.” Previously, she served as both a writer and actor
for Showtime’s “Black Monday” and Apple’s animated series “Central Park.” Janelle has toured with Chris Rock, Amy Schumer and David Cross
among others, and she took over the Eugene Mirman Comedy Festival (now The
Janelle James Comedy Festival) in Brooklyn. She was a "New Face" at
the Just For Laughs Festival Montreal, named one of The 50 Most Funny
People in Brooklyn, and recently featured as one of Variety's Top Ten Comedians
to Watch. Her debut comedy album, “Black and Mild,” was released on all major streaming networks in 2017 to rave reviews. More recently her podcast, “You In Danger Gurl,” was listed as one of Spotify's top comedy podcasts for