Big Jay Oakerson
Thu, Oct 12, 2023
Fri, Oct 13, 2023
Sat, Oct 14, 2023
Big Jay Oakerson
Over the airwaves or on the stage, Jay's relentless confidence and amazing command can win over almost anyone. Known as a master of crowd work and dirty jokes, he specializes in honest and hilarious stories from his own rock-and-roll lifestyle. You can hear Jay on "The Bonfire" on SiriusXM, you can see him on Netflix or his new YouTube special "Dog Belly," or (best of all) you can see him headline the DC Improv once again this fall.
All sales are final. Refunds and exchanges are offered only when a show is canceled or rescheduled.
- Please note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting our establishment, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions.
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- Coupons or passes for free admission cannot be used for a show listed as a "special event."
- Matinees, the first show of any evening in our main showroom and all shows in our lounge showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive, the more options you'll have. Please note that the size of your party can affect what options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties.
- "Late shows" in the main showroom have assigned seating. Assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. Generally speaking, the earlier you buy tickets, the closer you will be to the stage.
- If tickets are designated as being at a "reserved table," your party will have a table to itself. For general admission tickets, if your party does not fill an entire table, you may be sharing a table with other patrons.
Big Jay Oakerson is one of the most beloved and easily recognizable comedians working today. His laid-back style and dirty delivery are the signature marks of his comedy. Jay’s career spans two decades, starting in Philadelphia as a “comic’s comic” before rising mainstream fame in New York. Constantly touring the country, Jay has been a part of some of the biggest comedy festivals including Moontower, Bonnaroo, RockStar Energy Drink's Mayhem Fest, Gathering of the Juggalos, Funny or Die’s Oddball Festival. He has wowed audiences at the prestigious Just For Laughs Montreal festival an impressive four times, both on The Nasty Show and with his solo show, The American Storyteller. Most recently, he has been playing yearly on the hit Vegas sold out festival SkankFest, which Jay helps produce.
Every week, Jay co-host's “The Bonfire” alongside Bob Kelly on Radio Sirius XM 95 Monday through Thursday 6-8pm EST. He is also the co-host of two wildly popular podcasts “Legion of Skanks” with Luis J. Gomez and Dave Smith and “The SDR (Sex, Drugs & Rock & Roll) Show” with Ralph Sutton both on The Gas Digital Network.
On the screen, Jay has been featured on “This Is Not Happening” with Ari Shaffir, “Comedy Underground” with Dave Attell, FX’s Emmy winning “Louie”, “Inside Amy Schumer”, and “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” & Conan O’Brien. Longtime fans of Jay’s will also remember him as Neil, the sexually ambiguous owner of a NYC rock club, on IFC’s “Z-Rock”, and from his appearances on Comedy Central's “Premium Blend”, “Comedy Central Presents” and “Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn”.
Jay’s debut hour special "Big Jay Oakerson: Live At Webster Hall" premiered on Comedy Central in 2016 and was filmed at the legendary music venue in New York City to provide the perfect heavy metal vibe for the show. Jay's comedy is raw, compelling and honest to the core, as he takes viewers on a journey of brutal truths. His second special premiered in 2018 as part of “The Degenerates” on Netflix and filmed in Las Vegas. Jay has also recorded 3 comedy albums on Comedy Central Records, “The Crowdwork Sessions: What’s Your F@#king Deal?! Volumes 1 & 2” which captures Jay’s raunchy, off-the-cuff essence with a full hour of crowdwork; and Jay’s first album, “An American Storyteller”, a one-hour onslaught of unbridled raunchy rock n' roll hilarity.
This year, Jay released his newest hour, “Dog Belly” on YouTube. The long-awaited special was directed, and executive produced by Ari Shaffir and shot during 2022’s SkankFest. In this special, Jay dives deep into his own life, ranging from his own sexual insecurities to being called a Nazi as a Jewish man.