Finesse spun early success in the stand-up game into a four-year run on “Saturday Night Live.” His smooth and hilarious style has kept him busy on the small screen (Roadies, A.N.T. Farm, all the big talk shows). He pops up regularly on comedy concert tours. And you can still see him up close in the comedy clubs. Come close out your 2017 with Finesse at the best comedy spot in DC.
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions on dcimprov.com.
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items.
- For our main showroom, the first show of any night is the "early" show. All other shows are "late" shows. Early shows are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive at the club, the greater your seating options will be. Late shows have assigned seating, and assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. The earlier you buy tickets, the better your seats will be (i.e. closer to the stage).
- For our lounge, all shows regardless of start time are seated by time of arrival. If you require special accommodations (wheelchair access, etc.) please call the Improv at 202-296-7008 and inform us ahead of time.
- If you purchased tickets and want to ensure that you are seated with another party that bought tickets separately, call the Improv at 202-296-7008 and inform us ahead of time.
- For "early" shows, doors usually open one hour before showtime. Seating for "late" shows usually begins 15-30 minutes before showtime. Check your e-mail confirmation for specifics.
Finesse Mitchell is a multi-faceted actor, comedian and author. He has recently appeared in “Mad Families” with Charlie Sheen (Crackle TV) and “Media” (TV One) and Showtime’s “Roadies.” Mitchell is currently writing his much anticipated second book on relationships, his first being a well-received look at his take on dating. “Your Girlfriends Only Know So Much: A Brother’s Take on Dating and Mating for Sistas” (2007, Simon Spotlight) is an advice book for women and was born out of his hip, hilarious and widely popular monthly advice column for ESSENCE Magazine.
Mitchell performs stand-up comedy to sold out shows across the country. Known for his witty take on timely subjects and relationships between men and women, he appeals to all demographics. Finesse performed in the 2013 Shaq All-Star Comedy Jam tour and shined as a featured act on the “SHAQ All-Star” one-hour comedy special taped in his hometown of Atlanta which aired on Showtime.
He has also appeared on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, NBC’s Today Show, and many more. You can find Finesse on the Disney Channel’s repeats of “A.N.T. Farm” playing the role of Darryl, Chyna’s policeman father.
Mitchell is also a devout supporter of the men and women in the Armed Forces, recently appearing in Ron White’s Comedy Salute to the Troops which aired on Country Music Television (CMT) to benefit the Armed Forces Foundation.
Mitchell graduated from the University of Miami and is a distinguished member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity. He is also a former student athlete who was a walk-on for the National Champion Hurricanes football team where he played with Super Bowl champion Warren Sapp and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to name a few.