Comedian CP (aka Chris Powell) turned a lot of heads when he headlined our lounge in summer 2022. The writer and performer -- who you've spotted on "Love Life" and lots more -- packed out the small room and put on a furiously funny show. Now he's back to headline our main showroom in winter 2023. Get to the club and enjoy a star on his way up.
All sales are final. Refunds and exchanges are offered only when a show is canceled or rescheduled.
- Please note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting our establishment, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions.
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- Coupons or passes for free admission cannot be used for a show listed as a "special event."
- Matinees, the first show of any evening in our main showroom and all shows in our lounge showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive, the more options you'll have. Please note that the size of your party can affect what options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties.
- "Late shows" in the main showroom have assigned seating. Assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. Generally speaking, the earlier you buy tickets, the closer you will be to the stage.
- If tickets are designated as being in the "reserved" section, your party will have a table to itself. For general admission tickets, if your party does not fill an entire table, you may be sharing a table with other patrons.
Comedian CP is a writer/performer currently starring in the second season of the HBOMax anthology series "Love Life." Additionally, he is developing "Oaklandia," an animated series for Amazon, as well as a feature for DreamWorks Animation called "Space Ark." Previously, CP starred in "Ole Bud's Anu Football Weekly," a special he created for Adult Swim, as well as recurred as “Ned” on the critically acclaimed Comedy Central series "Detroiters." A frequent collaborator with All Def Digital, CP appears in the digital series "Roast Me," "Bad News" and "Dad Jokes."
Prior to the entertainment business, CP was a rising advertising executive in Detroit. Since arriving in Los Angeles, CP has recurred on "Empire," performed stand-up on "All Def Comedy" (HBO), created and starred in the TBS pilot "The D," and hosted the MTV2 series "World Star TV."
He is based in Los Angeles.