Porkchop Volcano is a DC-area favorite short-form improv troupe. Taking suggestions from the audience makes every show unique and personal. In the words of DC Metro Theater Arts.com "With clearly defined characters and an uncanny chemistry within the group, Porkchop Volcano are a force to be reckoned with." They frequently perform corporate and private shows at the DC Improv, Brightbox Theater, and elsewhere. They’ve been lauded by the Washingtonian, DC Theatre Scene, and CBS DC as the show to watch. Come see for yourself!
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
Admission / Seating Policies
- Please note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting our establishment, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- If your party does not fill an entire table, you may be sharing a table with other patrons. The exception is when a ticket is clearly listed as "table for 2," "table for 4," etc. In those cases, your party is guaranteed to have a table to itself.
- Passes cannot be used for any show listed as a "special event."
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions on dcimprov.com.
- For our lounge, all shows regardless of start time are seated by time of arrival.
Anna Bethel splits her love equally between documentaries, pie and the state of Ohio. Yet, she still finds time to teach improv, but we don’t hold that against her. For fun she forcibly walks other people’s dogs against their will. Unfortunately, she has become addicted to stealing pens from bank lobbies and has built up an unwieldy collection of those little ball chains that were meant to keep said pens in place. She also loves to window shop at the Build-A-Bear Workshop.
Conor O'Rourke is young at heart and young at age. He plays by his own rules and is the typical "bad boy," quick to rebel against any authority. He attended a catholic high school, which is where he learned how to pick a lock, make out with hot chicks, smoke a cigarette and to impersonate a member of the clergy. Unfortunately, his business sense is sub-par and will sign any document put in front of him without reading it. He also loves peanut brittle.
Matt Stephan loves life and he loves his family. He has children and owns at least one minivan. But this responsibility does not get in the way of his whimsy. He never takes anything too seriously, unless it's a glass of good bourbon. At any given moment in the day he can be found watching cartoons from the 80s. Unfortunately, he is allergic to many things, including but not limited to: dust, mold, cats, dogs, ragweed, water, tree pollen, plant pollen, people pollen, the color tan and air. He also loves a Hickory Farms gift basket.