Brendan Schaub’s first big break in live entertainment involved punching people in the face – in 2008 he was the runner-up on “The Ultimate Fighter.” He retired from MMA in 2015 and went on to build a comedy and podcasting empire. Millions of people listen to him every week on “The Fighter and the Kid,” "The King and the Sting" and "Below the Belt." We first hosted Brendan as part of his sold-out 2019 stand-up tour. Now he's back for more in 2022.
VIP tickets include preferred seating and a post-show meet-and-greet / photo op.
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
Admission / Seating Policies
- Please note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting our establishment, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- If your party does not fill an entire table, you may be sharing a table with other patrons. The exception is when a ticket is clearly listed as "table for 2," "table for 4," etc. In those cases, your party is guaranteed to have a table to itself.
- Passes cannot be used for any show listed as a "special event."
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions on dcimprov.com.
- For our main showroom, the first show of any night is the "early" show. All other shows are "late" shows.
- Early shows in the main showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive at the club, the greater your seating options will be. Please note that the size of your party will also affect what seating options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties.
- Late shows in the main showroom have assigned seating, and assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. The earlier you buy tickets, the better your seats will be (i.e. closer to the stage).
- For our lounge, all shows regardless of start time are seated by time of arrival.
Brendan Schaub is an American stand up comic, podcast host, and TV personality based out of Los Angeles, California. He currently cohosts two hit podcasts with his best friends/fellow comedians. He began his podcast career with the hit show "The Fighter and the Kid" alongside "Mad TV’s" very own Bryan Callen. Together they created a hit show that garners over 10 million downloads a month. The podcast quickly acquired a cult following by consistently being a staple in the top 5 rankings on iTunes under the sports/comedy category for the last five years. Schaub recently developed his newest hit podcast, "The King and the Sting," in collaboration with his good friend and stand up comic Theo Von. The show has skyrocketed to a level of unprecedented popularity by debuting as the number 1 podcast in the world on iTunes its premiere episode. "Below the Belt" is Schaub’s third show within his podcast empire that he hosts by himself, which is the number 1 combat podcast in the world. Below the Belt is consistently in the top 5 iTunes rankings for the sports/comedy category and debuted as the 2nd largest podcast in the world. "The Fighter and the Kid" podcast eventually led Schaub to fulfill his childhood dream of being a stand up comic. He is now a regular at Los Angeles’s most prominent comedy clubs such as the Comedy Store, Laugh Factory, and Improv. In 2018 Schaub travelled around the world for his “Stay in Your Lane” tour with sold out shows in Australia, London, Ireland, Canada, and all over the United States from LA to New York. He most notably sold out the Wilbur theatre in Boston, Massachusetts. After two years of headlining sold out shows worldwide on January 19th, 2019 Schaub recorded his first one-hour comedy special, “You’d Be Surprised”, with Showtime. In addition to his successful career in comedy Schaub is also on Bravo’s “Play by Play”, E!’s “After Party”, Showtime’s “Below the Belt”, Comedy Central’s 7th season of “This is Not Happening”, David Ayer’s upcoming film “Tax Collector”, and Joe Rogan’s "Fight Companion" podcast.