Join us on Sunday as club favorite John Heffron records a new special! John got national attention when he won the second season of "Last Comic Standing" on NBC. Since then, the Detroit native has been a fixture on the stand-up circuit, a regular contributor to broadcast and cable TV shows and a best-selling author. His stand-up puts audiences in the passenger seat for his personal journey, and his combination of enthusiasm and cynicism has won over audiences across the country.
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
Admission / Seating Policies
- Please note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting our establishment, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- If your party does not fill an entire table, you may be sharing a table with other patrons. The exception is when a ticket is clearly listed as "table for 2," "table for 4," etc. In those cases, your party is guaranteed to have a table to itself.
- Passes cannot be used for any show listed as a "special event."
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions on dcimprov.com.
- For our main showroom, the first show of any night is the "early" show. All other shows are "late" shows.
- Early shows in the main showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive at the club, the greater your seating options will be. Please note that the size of your party will also affect what seating options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties.
- Late shows in the main showroom have assigned seating, and assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. The earlier you buy tickets, the better your seats will be (i.e. closer to the stage).
Energetic, accessible and wholesome, acclaimed standup John Heffron shares an array of relatable experiences from childhood through married life as a Gen X’er. He’s learned a thing or two about relationships with family, friends, and even himself along his journeys, gaining an astute, uniquely honest perspective widely praised among his comedy peers. Audiences of all ages relate to his enthusiastic, hard-won wisdom, recognizing how often the path to maturity is marked by universal triumphs and failures. Rather than mock differences, the Detroit native aims to engage, connect, and enlighten.
Long before emerging victorious in the second season of the NBC hit reality competition Last Comic Standing, Heffron first took the stage at the University of Michigan campus’s Main Street Comedy Showcase. He soon found himself skipping night classes to pursue his passion. He then branched into his role on FM radio, serving as Danny Bonaduce’s wingman on Detroit’s Number One morning show, Danny Bonaduce and the Q Crew.
Along with appearances on The Tonight Show, The Late Late Show, HBO, FX, VH1, A&E, and CMT, Heffron has an hour special, Middle Class Funny, airing on Netflix, along with two Comedy Central specials and his independently produced special Notes From A Blender. In addition, John has recent appearances on the Netflix comedy special, Brad Paisley’s Comedy Rodeo and Circle Networks’ Stand-Up Nashville.
In the podcasting realm, Heffron has guested on WTF with Marc Maron, The Joe Rogan Experience, and Ari Shaffir’s Skeptic Tank. He currently hosts his own comedic podcast Heffron and Reep Show, where he and Jon Reep discuss the absurdity of life’s little moments.
In addition to headlining clubs and appearing at festivals around the world, Heffron remains in high demand as a performer at events for numerous Fortune 500 companies including Mercedes, Frito Lay, Sonic, Johnson & Johnson, Ernst & Young, just to name a few.
John’s five albums, along with Middle Class Funny (on DVD) and his best-selling advice book I Come to You From the Future: Everything You’ll Need to Know Before You Know It and The Holding Deal are currently available on iTunes and Amazon.