We're challenging the funny people of the DMV to come up with five minutes of comedy, built around the theme of LUXURY -- anything fancy, expensive, gaudy or glitzy. You get to enjoy what they come up with -- and send one team home with a cash prize. The Make Up Party is the DC Improv's game night, open to all kinds of performers. Whether you're hopping on stage or in the crowd, it's gonna be a good time.
If you want to compete, complete the form at this link to let us know. This event is open to stand-ups, sketch troupes, improv teams or whatever. Maximum team size is 6. Be advised that all competitors (once participation is confirmed by the Improv) need to have tickets.
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
Admission / Seating Policies
- Please note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting our establishment, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- If your party does not fill an entire table, you may be sharing a table with other patrons. The exception is when a ticket is clearly listed as "table for 2," "table for 4," etc. In those cases, your party is guaranteed to have a table to itself.
- Passes cannot be used for any show listed as a "special event."
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions on dcimprov.com.
- For our lounge, all shows regardless of start time are seated by time of arrival.
We give a theme to the funny people of the DMV and dare them to make up five minutes of comedy. You enjoy what they come up with -- and send one team home with a cash prize. The Make Up Party is the Improv's comedy challenge, open to all kinds of performers. Whether you're hopping on stage or in the crowd, it's gonna be a good time.
If you just want to watch: Buy a ticket and show up! You'll see a variety of comedy styles (sketch, stand-up, improv, etc.) during a show that lasts 75 - 90 minutes.
If you want to compete: Teams can be one to six people, and we can take a maximum of twelve teams. Complete the form at this link if you're interested in participating. Once we confirm that you're on the show, buy tickets for your team and get to work! You can prepare stand-up, sketch, a pun routine or something beyond category. Improv troupes can also compete. Performances need to be a maximum of five minutes, and they need to incorporate the theme in some way. The winning team (as decided by audience cheers) takes home a cash prize.