After a great DC Improv debut in 2021, Ricky Velez is back for more. His honest routines about anxiety, mental health, society and his New York upbringing have won over a cult following. He's been featured on Comedy Central, and he recently appeared alongside Pete Davidson in the 2020 comedy "The King of Staten Island." Check out a rising star at one of the country's best comedy venues.
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
Admission / Seating Policies
- Please note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting our establishment, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- If your party does not fill an entire table, you may be sharing a table with other patrons. The exception is when a ticket is clearly listed as "table for 2," "table for 4," etc. In those cases, your party is guaranteed to have a table to itself.
- Passes cannot be used for any show listed as a "special event."
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions on dcimprov.com.
- For our main showroom, the first show of any night is the "early" show. All other shows are "late" shows.
- Early shows in the main showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive at the club, the greater your seating options will be. Please note that the size of your party will also affect what seating options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties.
- Late shows in the main showroom have assigned seating, and assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. The earlier you buy tickets, the better your seats will be (i.e. closer to the stage).
- For our lounge, all shows regardless of start time are seated by time of arrival.
Ricky Velez is a New-York based actor and stand-up comedian who was named one of Variety's "Ten Comics to Watch."
Ricky’s first comedy special, "Here's Everything," executive produced by Judd Apatow and Pete Davidson, premiered on HBO in October 2021.
Ricky starred opposite Pete Davidson in Judd Apatow’s "The King of Staten Island." Ricky was also a writer and co-producer on the film and also worked as a writer on Judd Apatow’s Netflix feature "The Bubble."
Ricky was a correspondent on Comedy Central's "The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore," and he has appeared on the Netflix series "Master of None."
Ricky was trained at the Frank Sinatra School of the Arts where he received the Special Recognition Diploma in Drama. As a comic, Ricky was named "New York's Funniest Comedian" by Caroline's Comedy Club and was featured in Comedy Central's and The New York Comedy Festival's Fifth annual "Comics to Watch."