Patrons for this show must present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 to be admitted to the venue. "Proof of vaccination" can be a completed vaccination card or a readable photo of that card saved to your phone.
Some stand-ups really know how to work a room. "Crowd work" is the art of chatting with the audience when on stage. When done right, it creates a conversational atmosphere -- sometimes building a bridge to a comedian's best jokes, and sometimes leading to totally unscripted, in-the-moment laughs.
Here in the DMV, Tim Miller is one of the best at crowd work. At "Read the Room" he hosts a lineup of local talents doing predominantly crowd work. Join him in our lounge showroom for what could be a unique, unforgettable live comedy experience.
Tim has been on Comedy Central & TRU TV and is also the host of Read the Room podcast on Podbean, iTunes and wherever you enjoy podcasts.
The lineup for March 17 is TBA.
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
Admission / Seating Policies
- Please note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting our establishment, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- If your party does not fill an entire table, you may be sharing a table with other patrons. The exception is when a ticket is clearly listed as "table for 2," "table for 4," etc. In those cases, your party is guaranteed to have a table to itself.
- Passes cannot be used for any show listed as a "special event."
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions on dcimprov.com.
- For our lounge, all shows regardless of start time are seated by time of arrival.