A DC Improv debut! Originally from Buffalo, NY, Maddy Smith is steadily making her mark on the male-dominated NYC stand-up scene. Joking from the center, she roasts anything or anyone both from the stage and on her girls-only podcast “That Time of The WEEK.” Maddy gained national notoriety for skewering folks as a castmember of MTV’s “Wild N Out” for 3 seasons, and is currently taping her 4th. Maddy also went viral on TikTok a few times.
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
Admission / Seating Policies
- Please note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting our establishment, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- If your party does not fill an entire table, you may be sharing a table with other patrons. The exception is when a ticket is clearly listed as "table for 2," "table for 4," etc. In those cases, your party is guaranteed to have a table to itself.
- Passes cannot be used for any show listed as a "special event."
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions on dcimprov.com.
- For our lounge, all shows regardless of start time are seated by time of arrival.
Maddy Smith is a NYC-based stand up comedian, writer, and castmember on season 14 & 15 of MTV/VH1’s Wild N Out and MTV’s digital series Smash or Dash. In 2019, Maddy was named a Comic to Watch for the New York Comedy Festival. Maddy is a regular at the clubs in New York City and has featured for Chris Redd, Jared Freid, Corinne Fisher, and Dan St. Germaine. Maddy has worked in development for production companies including Boomtown Content and National Lampoon.
Maddy has performed at the Rochester Fringe Festival and Hoboken Comedy Festival, was a finalist in both the Finger Lakes Comedy Festival (Ithaca) and the Stand Up NY Festival (Manhattan), and a semi-finalist in the New York Comedy Club competition and Caroline’s 2019 March Madness competition.
Along with stand up, Maddy is a regular roaster throughout the city, appearing at RoastMasters, Roast Battle, and as a writer for Comedy Central Presents: The Roast of Alec Baldwin. In 2018 she performed at the Friar’s Club for the Roast of Gloria Allred and was also a contributing writer for the Roast of Ric Flair.