Over the airwaves or on the stage, Jay's relentless confidence and amazing command can win over almost anyone. Known as a master of crowd work and dirty jokes, he specializes in honest and hilarious stories from his own rock-and-roll lifestyle. You can hear Jay on "The Bonfire" on SiriusXM, you can see him on Netflix, or (best of all) you can see him headline the DC Improv this spring.
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
Admission / Seating Policies
- Please note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting our establishment, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- If your party does not fill an entire table, you may be sharing a table with other patrons. The exception is when a ticket is clearly listed as "table for 2," "table for 4," etc. In those cases, your party is guaranteed to have a table to itself.
- Passes cannot be used for any show listed as a "special event."
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions on dcimprov.com.
- For our main showroom, the first show of any night is the "early" show. All other shows are "late" shows.
- Early shows in the main showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive at the club, the greater your seating options will be. Please note that the size of your party will also affect what seating options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties.
- Late shows in the main showroom have assigned seating, and assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. The earlier you buy tickets, the better your seats will be (i.e. closer to the stage).
- For our lounge, all shows regardless of start time are seated by time of arrival.
Comedian Big Jay Oakerson has been a stand out at comedy and music festivals around the world for the last 2 decades including Just For Laughs Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver & Sydney Australia, the New York Comedy Festival, and SXSW among others. He is currently the co-host of The Legions of Skanks & The SDR Show podcasts on Gas Digital Network and of The Bonfire with Big Jay Oakerson and Dan Soder, on Comedy Central Radio on SiriusXM.
Jay has appeared on multiple television shows including his one hour special "Live At Webster Hall" followed by his half-hour special on Netflix which premiered as part of the hit series “The Degenerates”. He is the host and creator of the crowd work show "Wha's Your F#$king Deal?!”. Other appearances include Comedy Central’s “Inside Amy Schumer”, "The Late Show" With Jimmy Fallon, Comedy Central’s "The Comedy Jam" & "This Is Not Happening" as well as the IFC show “Z-Rock”.