The Improv is proud to host an open mic night featuring local comedy talent in our main showroom. Admission is free to the public, and you can guarantee yourself seats in the crowd if you reserve them through our online ticketing system. (A small fee applies.) Walk-ups are also welcome on the day of the show if seating is available. The lineup for September 8: Adrian Rodney, Ty Davis, Martin Phillips, LizaBanks Campagna, Dominique Grayer, Gigi Modrich, Dee Ahmed, Dana Lollar (D.LO), Matt Brown, Jenny Cavallero, Alex Castagne, Sandi Benton, Jaffer Khan, Jacques Kindle.
FOOD AND DRINK: Our kitchen and bar will be open for this show, and the two-item minimum is in effect.
If you're interested in performing at the open mic night, please read the instructions at the bottom of this linked page.
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
Admission / Seating Policies
- Please note: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Senior citizens and people with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting our establishment, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- If your party does not fill an entire table, you may be sharing a table with other patrons. The exception is when a ticket is clearly listed as as reserved "table for 2," "table for 4," etc. In those cases, your party is guaranteed to have a table to itself.
- Passes cannot be used for any show listed as a "special event."
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions on dcimprov.com.
- For our main showroom, the first show of any night is the "early" show. All other shows are "late" shows.
- Early shows in the main showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive at the club, the greater your seating options will be. Please note that the size of your party will also affect what seating options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties.
- Late shows in the main showroom have assigned seating, and assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. The earlier you buy tickets, the better your seats will be (i.e. closer to the stage).
- For our lounge, all shows regardless of start time are seated by time of arrival.