Effective July 31, the city is requiring people to wear masks indoors unless actively eating or drinking. The Improv's COVID rules can be found here.
A true “comedian’s comedian,” Tony started doing stand-up right here in the District. He has influenced countless stand-ups, delivering long and unforgettable bits with a signature laid-back style that completely disarms audiences. For this weekend, he's taking over our lounge showroom and bringing along some of his great comedy friends -- come see a hometown hero at his best!
The August 4 lineup: Chris Thomas, Joe Clair, Special Guest TBA
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
Admission / Seating Policies
- If your party does not fill an entire table, you may be sharing a table with other patrons. The exception is when a ticket is clearly listed as "table for 2," "table for 4," etc. In those cases, your party is guaranteed to have a table to itself.
- Passes cannot be used for any show listed as a "special event."
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions on dcimprov.com.
- For our main showroom, the first show of any night is the "early" show. All other shows are "late" shows.
- Early shows in the main showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive at the club, the greater your seating options will be. Please note that the size of your party will also affect what seating options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties.
- Late shows in the main showroom have assigned seating, and assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. The earlier you buy tickets, the better your seats will be (i.e. closer to the stage).
- For our lounge, all shows regardless of start time are seated by time of arrival.
Tony Woods is a one-of-a-kind comedic legend that is always in control of his audience. A seasoned veteran in the comedy business, Tony is recognized not only by fans but by his peers as one of the best and most engaging comedians in the business.
Born in North Carolina and raised in the D.C. area, Woods kicked off his career as an original member of Russell Simmons' Def Comedy Jam on HBO and P. Diddy's Bad Boys of Comedy His playful and cool demeanor, combined with sharp and mischievous subject matter, create a show that is unmistakably entertaining at every level. A natural entertainer, Woods understands an audience and encourages them to become part of his strange world.
Tony has made a slew of Comedy Central appearances, including Comedy Central Presents Tony Woods, Comedy Central USO Tour, and the Comedy Central World Comedy Tour. He has also appeared on Last Comic Standing, Showtime at the Apollo and Late Night with Conan O'Brien.
Woods has also appeared in the film The Brooklyn Project, and his festival appearances include triumphs at the Just For Laughs Comedy Festival in Montreal, the HBO U.S. Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen, Colorado, the Melbourne Comedy Festival and is a favorite at the Sydney Comedy Festival.