Effective July 31, the city is requiring people to wear masks indoors unless actively eating or drinking. The Improv's COVID rules can be found here.
Mo Amer is going places: His one-hour Netflix special, "The Vagabond," debuted in 2018, filled with observational comedy, political satire, and tons of material about his experiences as an Arab-American. He made his DC Improv debut in the summer of 2019, selling out the club for the entire weekend. He came back in the fall of 2019 for the Mark Twain Prize festivities, honoring his buddy and mentor, Dave Chappelle. Dave calls Mo "hilarious, thought-provoking and inspiring" -- see him on our stage and we think you'll agree.
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
Admission / Seating Policies
- Please note that your group might be sharing a table with other parties.
- Passes cannot be used for any show listed as a "special event."
- There is a two-item minimum per customer. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions on dcimprov.com.
- For our main showroom, the first show of any night is the "early" show. All other shows are "late" shows.
- Early shows in the main showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive at the club, the greater your seating options will be. Please note that the size of your party will also affect what seating options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties.
- Late shows in the main showroom have assigned seating, and assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. The earlier you buy tickets, the better your seats will be (i.e. closer to the stage).
- For our lounge, all shows regardless of start time are seated by time of arrival.
Mo Amer is a stand-up comedian and writer who in October 2018 debuted his acclaimed Netflix special "The Vagabond." Most recently, Mo can be seen as a series regular on the hit Hulu original series "Ramy," which premiered in April 2019. Mo tours extensively with Dave Chappelle, having performed well over 600 shows together, independently Mo has sold out shows in more than two dozen countries worldwide.
Mo is the first and only Arab American refugee comic to perform for U.S. and coalition troops overseas. His international sold-out shows include performances at the Royal Albert Hall (London), Hammersmith Apollo (London), Acer Arena (Sydney), Nelson Mandela Theatre (Johannesburg), The Paramount (Austin) and Shrine Auditorium (Los Angeles).
His television credits include appearances on "The Daily Show with Trevor Noah," "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert," "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" and HBO's "Crashing." Rolling Stone named Mo one of the "Top 10 Comedians You Need to Know."