Twitter stardom allowed Jenny Johnson (@JennyJohnsonHi5) to leave behind a career as a news producer in Texas and head to L.A. She's been killing it ever since, growing her online fanbase, expanding her reach as a comedy writer and stepping out as a headlining stand-up. In 2019 she sold out four shows for her DC Improv debut weekend, and now she's back for four more in 2020.
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions on dcimprov.com.
- There is a two-item minimum per ticket. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- For our main showroom, the first show of any night is the "early" show. All other shows are "late" shows.
- Early shows in the main showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive at the club, the greater your seating options will be. Please note that the size of your party will also affect what seating options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties. Click here for a more detailed explanation of seating policies.
- Late shows in the main showroom have assigned seating, and assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. The earlier you buy tickets, the better your seats will be (i.e. closer to the stage). Click here for a more detailed explanation of seating policies.
- For our lounge, all shows regardless of start time are seated by time of arrival.
Jenny Johnson is a comedian and writer who gained an audience from her popular Twitter account, @jennyjohnsonhi5. Jenny is a graduate of Sam Houston State University. She spent 12 years producing sports and television in Austin, San Antonio and Houston before making the move to Los Angeles to pursue her comedy career. Jenny has sold pilots to ABC, FOX and HBO. she is a frequent contributor to GQ and Esquire. E! recently made a pilot based on her popular Instagram account. Along with writing she performs stand-up shows in Los Angeles and tours frequently with Nick Swardson, Whitney Cummings, Anthony Jeselnik and Brad Williams. Jenny has appeared on "Drunk History," "The Mick," "The Joe Rogan Experience," "The Josh Wolf Show," "Red Eye," "Liza On Demand," "Valerie Bertinelli’s Home Cooking" and "@midnight." She co-hosted the "Doin’ It with Danny and Jenny" podcast with "Modern Family" executive producer Danny Zuker.
Jenny is a 5 time nominee for a People’s Choice Award for Favorite Social Media Star and is the reigning Queen of Twitter following the National Lampoon Twitter Awards. Jenny has gained almost 400,000 followers on Twitter and close to 80,000 on Instagram with her unique brand of comedy. Jenny can be seen performing stand-up around Los Angeles at The Improv, The Comedy Store, Flappers and The Laugh Factory.