Come out and wordplay! The DMV's very own pun contest has its very own spin-off. The night consists of two events. In the Remix, contestants register in advance and prepare a 4-5 minute pun masterpiece. In the Tournament, people sign up the night of the show for an on-the-spot pun battle. Win either contest and you can go home with some prizes. You (yes, you!) could be on stage -- e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Click here for more info on the pun events March 29.
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions on dcimprov.com.
- There is a two-item minimum per ticket. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- For our main showroom, the first show of any night is the "early" show. All other shows are "late" shows.
- Early shows in the main showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive at the club, the greater your seating options will be. Please note that the size of your party will also affect what seating options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties. Click here for a more detailed explanation of seating policies.
- Late shows in the main showroom have assigned seating, and assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. The earlier you buy tickets, the better your seats will be (i.e. closer to the stage). Click here for a more detailed explanation of seating policies.
- For our lounge, all shows regardless of start time are seated by time of arrival.
Come out and wordplay! The DMV's very own pun contest now has its very own spin-off. The night consists of two events:
The Remix: In a Pun DMV "Freestyle," people deliver pun-filled solo speeches built around a single theme. The Remix is for everything else. This event is open to teams, one to three people in size. Perform a sketch, sing a song, do a PowerPoint presentation, improve on a classic movie scene, show us a video you prepared in advance, bust out some props. Whatever you do, just make your presentation punderful, and no more than 4-5 minutes in length. E-mail email@example.com if you want to compete, or if you have any questions about participating in this event.
The Tournament: An on-the-spot punning tournament featuring up to 20 people. At the start of each match, contestants are given a theme. They then take turns making up puns on the spot. People are eliminated when they're stumped. The last person standing moves on to the next round (or victory)! Anyone in attendance can compete, and you can sign up on site when you arrive.
The winners of either contest get prizes from the Improv (and eternal glory)!