Wednesday, May 27, 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Hone your improv skills in this workshop with David Razowsky, former artistic director of the Second City Los Angeles!
Hear the Now: The Opening Line Isn't Spoken. "Learn to hear what your partner is offering you before they even open their mouths. The answers are all in the tempo of their movements and their spatial relationship to you. It's all about trusting yourself, having confidence in your awareness, and the excitement knowing what you don't realize is what improv is all about."
About the Instructor: David Razowsky is the former artistic director of the Second City Los Angeles, and the host of the award-winning podcast ADD Comedy with Dave Razowsky. His teaching and performing has taken him all over the world, from the US to Australia, Ireland, Italy, Germany, The Netherlands, the UK, and New Zealand, where he recorded a TEDx Auckland Talk. As an actor at The Second City David worked with Martin Short, Steve Carell, Stephen Colbert, Rachel Dratch, Chris Farley, Amy Sedaris among others. He has directed The Second City Mainstage, The Second City Hollywood, The Second City Detroit, and The Second City National Touring Company. He is a consultant for Dreamworks, a teacher for Steppenwolf Theater, adjunct faculty for California State University, and has directed two productions for Amsterdam's Boom Chicago Theatre. David's a member of the Reduced Shakespeare Company and performed in their Kennedy Center run of "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, Abridged."
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions on dcimprov.com.
- There is a two-item minimum per ticket. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- For our main showroom, the first show of any night is the "early" show. All other shows are "late" shows.
- Early shows in the main showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive at the club, the greater your seating options will be. Please note that the size of your party will also affect what seating options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties. Click here for a more detailed explanation of seating policies.
- Late shows in the main showroom have assigned seating, and assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. The earlier you buy tickets, the better your seats will be (i.e. closer to the stage). Click here for a more detailed explanation of seating policies.
- For our lounge, all shows regardless of start time are seated by time of arrival.