We're challenging the funny people of the DMV to come up with five minutes of comedy, built around the theme of FLORIDA. You get to enjoy what they come up with -- and send one team home with a cash prize. The Make Up Party is the Improv's game night, open to all kinds of performers. Whether you're hopping on stage or in the crowd, it's gonna be a good time.
If you want to compete: Complete this form to let us know. This event is open to stand-ups, sketch troupes, improv teams or whatever. Maximum team size is 6. Be advised that all competitors (once participation is confirmed by the Improv) need to have tickets.
Click here to see the confirmed teams for April.
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
- Patrons must be 18 or older to attend events or classes at the DC Improv. Any exceptions are clearly noted in the event descriptions on dcimprov.com.
- There is a two-item minimum per ticket. This can be any combination of food items or beverages. Bottled water and soft drinks count as items. (The two-item minimum does not apply to comedy classes.)
- For our main showroom, the first show of any night is the "early" show. All other shows are "late" shows.
- Early shows in the main showroom are seated by time of arrival. The earlier you arrive at the club, the greater your seating options will be. Please note that the size of your party will also affect what seating options are available to you, as certain tables and areas are designated for larger parties. Click here for a more detailed explanation of seating policies.
- Late shows in the main showroom have assigned seating, and assignments are made in order of ticket purchase. The earlier you buy tickets, the better your seats will be (i.e. closer to the stage). Click here for a more detailed explanation of seating policies.
- For our lounge, all shows regardless of start time are seated by time of arrival.
We give a theme to the funny people of the DMV and dare them to make up five minutes of comedy. You enjoy what they come up with -- and send one team home with a cash prize. The Make Up Party is the Improv's comedy challenge, open to all kinds of performers. Whether you're hopping on stage or in the crowd, it's gonna be a good time.
If you just want to watch: Buy a ticket and show up! You'll see a variety of comedy styles (sketch, stand-up, improv, etc.) during a show that lasts 75 - 90 minutes.
If you want to compete: Teams can be one to six people, and we can take a maximum of twelve teams. E-mail email@example.com to let us know that you want to play. Once we confirm that you're on the show, buy tickets for your team and get to work! You can prepare stand-up, sketch, a pun routine or something beyond category. Improv troupes can also compete. Performances need to be a maximum of five minutes, and they need to incorporate the theme in some way. The winning team (as decided by audience cheers) takes home a cash prize.